- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 days, 16 hours ago by John Pierce.
April 6, 2021 at 2:00 pm #314zviParticipant
There is an SMTP bug
The system does not send emails.
In my review by Roundcube receives emails but send is not possible.
Is the problem known?
- This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by zvi.
April 13, 2021 at 5:50 am #317John PierceKeymaster
Do you have a valid SSL certificate set up for email?
I have a suspicion that this is due to the default Kloxo certificate being self-signed.
Roundcube sends on my Centos 7 install of KloxoNG. I have /var/qmail/control/servercert.pem symlinked to an Letsencrypt certificate in /home/kloxo/ssl/ that is setup up for the domain of the mail server .
eg If mail server domain is mail.mydomain.com, set up a certificate and make a symlink servercert.pem pointing to /home/kloxo/ssl/mail.mydomain.com.pem .
I will have to test more to see if this is actually the problem.
- This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by John Pierce.
April 13, 2021 at 6:04 pm #319zviParticipant
I checked the following (according to your post)
1. In the path / var / qmail / control / there is a servercert.pem file with a private key.
2. The mail.mydomain.com.pem / file does not exist in the path / home / kloxo / ssl /
I tried to create SSL for mail.mydomain.com.pem and it didn’t help either.
How do I configure serverlink for servercert.pem?
Could it be related to DNS?
My server is VM on ESXi
I remember a few years ago I installed KOLXO-MR sending the e-mail worked.
Which I do not remember what version it was.
April 18, 2021 at 12:19 am #320John PierceKeymaster
Please message me the mail server hostname so I can run some external tests.
Does the VM have more than one IP address?
There can be a problem if the VM has multiple IP addresses. Especially if it has a private IP and public IP.
The file /var/qmail/control/outgoingips contains a mapping of domain addresses to mail server IP addresses. If the domain is mapped to the wrong IP address then email will not send.
- This reply was modified 3 days, 16 hours ago by John Pierce.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.